Friday, September 15

No Name Recipe!

So, I am loving the crock pot lately. Jage and I are on a new budget plan and I am trying to be more creative with what is in my cupboards and cooking. Instead of running out to the grocery store right after I have watched Rachel Ray cook up something and I want to make it I just search through the fridge and freezer and make something up. I tried this last night :
Ingredients:
2 pieces chicken boneless breast ( unfrozen)
1/2 can salsa
1/2 C. sour cream
1/2 C. green bell peppers ( left over in my fridge)
salt/pepper and garlic salt
Salt and pepper and garlic salt the Chicken and throw it all in to the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients on high for 60 minutes and then pull apart the chicken with two forks and let cook for another 30 minutes or so and then serve on top with hot rice. It was really good. It had that spicy taste, but the sourcream cooled it down. yummy! You can probably add hot peppers and more red peppers, but the two red peppers that I had in my grocery cart were $3.63 for two and I thought we could do without those. Please pass along more recipes. Mom, I will look for some quick, easy veggie meals.Let me know if you Try it and name it! - Mands
p.s. Lets start up a Morphy/Marquardt/Glenn recipe book. Hmmm. . . Christmas gift idea!

2 comments:

Morph This said...

Mands- love the idea of a cookbook.. we allput one together in mormonchic and I have gotten so many great recipes from it.. Lets everyone start emailing me recipes and I will put it all together and make a fun cover page.. I love the idea!

Hugs
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Will do it Jenn. I need to clean up my recipes anyways and put them all in some file online. I find myself carrying the labtop into the kitchen and cooking with the computer on the counter as I am looking at Recipes online. I will start emailing you my favorites!